All Sylvan products are supported with a mechanical and finish warranty. The term of the warranty from the date of purchase is classified as below:
15/10 Brass Grip Sets (EH710),
10/10 Expression Door Pulls, 316 SS Door Pulls, Door Knocker, Wooden, Ceramic Door Knob Series,
10/7.5 Zinc Grip sets, Centro Series, Centro Accessories, Beaumont, Rockford, Newton, Oakland, EDB5, EDB6, Mortice Locks,
10/5 304 SS Door Pulls, Houston, Denver, Richmond, Seattle, EDB1, EDB2, Quest, Vita, Amos, Flush Pulls, Door Stops, Banister Brackets, Lagos , Porto, Cabinetware
Note: All black items are restricted to a 2 year finish warranty
If a finish or mechanical defect occurs on a Sylvan product which is still within the quoted warranty period, simply return the product together with proof of purchase to the point of purchase for either repair or replacement.
The warranty only applies to the original user of the product and is non-transferable. The warranty excludes the following:
- Improper installation or failure to follow fitting instructions
- Abuse or misuse of the product.
- Excessive use of harsh or abrasive cleaning products
- Use of a residential grade product within a commercial application
- Indirect or consequential loss or damage
- The cost of removal and or installation
- Cost of freight and or travel time
- Scratches from keys, rings, abrasions or deterioration due to the use of paint solvents or other cleaning products, chemicals.
- Spare parts and accessories purchased separate to the product which the warranty applies
- If the product has been subjected to excessive or direct exposure to the elements or other environmental conditions (including coastal or geothermal situations)
Due to the process of some finishes, eg pewter and antique brass being difficult to replicate some variance may occur between batches, whilst we will do our best to match we cannot guarantee exact matching.
The plated finishes of polished brass, gold, black, black nickel plate, are all classified as soft finishes. As deterioration is
If your unsure what warranty your Sylvan products falls under please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 09 444 5359 we will be happy to discuss with you any concerns you have.
Caring for your Stainless Steel and Polished Brass Hardware Polished Brass and Stainless steel Sylvan products do require a little bit of TLC from the homeowner, to ensure the finish remains in it’s purchased condition. Sea salt, dust, oil from hands and environmental conditions can cause specs or discolouration to the surface. It is essential that these surfaces are cleaned regularly (every 3 months) with a soft cloth and mild soapy water. Or for Stainless steel products use a stainless steel cleaner and lanolin to protect its surface.